[mythtv-users] Matrox, TV-Out and XVideo

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 21:33:57 EDT 2003

I can't speak too much on the G550, but I know that
the G400 works fairly well.  The only disadvantage of
it is that it is a real pain to configure, since you
have to use the framebuffer console.

A friend of mine lent me his GeForce4 440MX (Gainward
600-8X TV, and the binary nVidia driver works great!
So much that I'll probably buy one.  I do have one
issue though, and that is that the S-Video out when
booting the machine is in black and white with my
S-Video cable.  Once X starts, the colors are fine.
Anybody know why this is?

As for the Leadtek, it will work with bttv, but, two
caveats:
1. You have to specify the tuner type manually (unless
you're using a PAL tuner)
2. It does not support btaudio.

Not being able to use XVideo though will increase your
CPU load, how much, I don't know, since the cards that
I've used all have XVideo.  The software XVideo in
combination with the high load you're going to capture
at (with the software card) might be too much to
handle though.

-- Joe

http://sinex.hut.mediapoli.com/cvsview/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/video/knsplugin/mplayer/src/DOCS/video.html?rev=1.1