[mythtv-users] Documentation needs update in section 20.9

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Sep 8 17:43:13 EDT 2003

> For instance in my setup the SciFi channel is 61.  But in the table it
> is channid 78.  This has to do with the fact that some channels for
> some reason actually have multiple names.  example channel 15 is
> LOORIG15, GOVT15.  Thus using channum instead of channid provides the
> expected results.

But here you just showed WHY it's proper use chanid and not channum.
Channels can often have the same number.

chanid may be more confusing from a user standpoint, since the number
doesn't always line up with the channum, but channum is not a unique
field (and in many cases - mainly europe - is not a number or something
that has much significance to the viewer/user)

-Chris