[mythtv-users] pundit with seperate video card?

Jon jgregor at hotpop.com
Sun Sep 7 17:19:21 EDT 2003

Hi
I have a pundit with a pvr250 setup.  I was just wondering if anyone was
using a seperate pci video card in the pundit, like a gf4 pci with tvout
instead of the pundit tv-out?  Only because there are some things I'd like
to use 3d support for.  Would the quality suffer at all?  I know that the
pci bus is kinda slow for a video card, and thats why agp exists, also with
the pundits pci riser card, it looks like both the pci cards would be
sharing one pci slot on the board, which means my pvr250 would be sharing
the same bus as my video card, would that make recording while using tv-out
impossibly slow?  I'm mainly looking for someone with experience in this.
-Jon