[mythtv-users] CLE266 and -lddmpeg

Derek Anderson public at kered.org
Sun Sep 7 11:42:00 EDT 2003

of course!  i know there are a lot of people out there with CLE266 and
PVR250/350 combo.

here's a recap of what i have done so far:
  * fresh build of gentoo
  * ivtv works like a champ
  * decided to forgo ALSA - sound is good enough for TV
    (maybe when i go for mythDVD)
  * xfree 4.3.99 with the CVS via driver
  * had to move to -ac1 for Xv
  * myth.11 ebuilds and deps
     * had to modify myth.11 ebuild.  settings.pro has a compile flag
       hard-coded that it should be picking up from make.conf.
  * at this point, a mostly working myth system.  via drivers sometimes
    don't render correctly, and CPU usage is high.  (320x480 and a low
    bitrate work around this issue with livetv.  recording is fine at
    640x480 for frontend playback on my 2100XP)
  * CLE266 ddmpeg library is available here:
    http://www.ivor.it/cle266/
  * mythCVS (with settings.pro changes to use decoder) compiles, if you
    include libddmpeg.so
  * mythfrontend segfaults when it tries to use the hw decoder
    (no meaningful/helpful error messages)

how does this compare with what you've done?  are there any ideas/steps
i might have missed?  anyone else want to compare notes?

--
  Derek C. Anderson
  public at kered.org