[mythtv-users] GeForce4 MX 440 not happy with my AV reciever

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 5 20:02:31 EDT 2003

On Friday, Sep 5, 2003, at 15:13 US/Pacific, Kevin Stone wrote:

> When I moved the machine to the Living room and tried to plumb
> the connection through my AV reciever the card refused to
> recognize the TV at either the BIOS level or in X

Your receiver probably isn't passing enough stuff through to and from
the TV for the card to tell there is a connected device...

> I have played with the various XF86config settings to no avail.
>
> Is it possible to get this card to give up trying to auto detect
> at boot and just use the Composite so I can run it through the AV
> reciever. Even If it just worked in X I could deal with being
> blind durring the boot process.

It SHOULD be...

> Current XF86Config for XFree86-4.3.0-2
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         Driver      "nvidia"
>         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
>         BoardName   "nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440"
>         Option      "RenderAccel" "0"
>         Option      "Nologo" "0"
>         Option      "TwinView" ""
>         Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
>         Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
>         Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
>         Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
>         Option      "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "CRT DFP"
>         Option      "MetaModes" "800x600, 800x600; 640x480, 640x480;"
>         Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
>         Option      "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
>         Option      "TVOverScan" "0.7"
> EndSection

Have you tried pulling out all the "TwinView" stuff? I'd try pulling
the "TwinView" lines, the MetaModes line, and the "SecondMonitor"
lines, then set 30-50 and 60 for Monitor0, along with the rez you want
the TV to run at.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE