[mythtv-users] TV Wonder + PVR-250 - I know you're out there...

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Sep 5 16:15:52 EDT 2003

I have a box with a PVR-250 and a TV Wonder I'm trying to set up and it
seems that by far I'm having the most troubles with sound. (Soundblaster
Live Value)

In other words, I have:

PVR-250   == /dev/video0
TV Wonder == /dev/video1

PVR-250   == /dev/dsp (for sound)
TV Wonder == ?????

I have no idea how to set this up.  Right now I have the TV Wonder patched
in via the included cable from the TV Wonder's audio out to the sound
card's audio in.  However, the PVR-250 also uses the sound card.

Do I have to have two separate cards for two separate tuners?

Can someone clear me up on this?  My next step is to look at btaudio,
which is supposedly compatible with the TV Wonder (mine's *not* the VE),
but I'm not really sure that'll be a worthwhile exploration.

Any input is *GREATLY* appreciated.

Thanks!

John