[mythtv-users] Nehemiah Performance

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sat Sep 6 03:23:37 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Thursday 04 September 2003 04:26 pm, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>>Yeah, that's what I'm getting as well.  No idea how to fix it, as I see
>>>the exact same thing in VeXP..
>>>

>>You do? If I use VeXP to watch prerecorded programs everything looks
>>fine. (except that the program seems very flaky, it hangs often, just
>>moving the focus out of the main window will do that for example).
>>

>I still get it with VeXP, but could you try current CVS myth?  I believe I've
>fixed the problem.  It's completely gone here, at least.  The OSD should look
>quite a bit nicer, too, though still B&W.

Works like a charm! No problems whatsoever.
And the OSD looks fine to me ;-)

Although I now get a slight stutter when the OSD pops up and fades away
(cpu jumps to 40% for a sec), but nothing major.

Cheers,
 -Tako

PS: Isaac, did you ever had any problems with your Nehemiah-based system
not wanting to boot if you didn't have a monitor attached (only TV out
for example)? Some say it's some kind of grounding problem but I haven't
found a solution yet that worked for me. It's the last thing that
prevents me from moving my MythTV system off my "workbench" and into my
HT set.