[mythtv-users] 54G wireless info

None Spencer kachaffeous at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:48:12 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
>Thanks for the notification!
>I just bought a bunch of 54g stuff "on a wish and a prayer". I needed it
>anyway, but I was rather anxious as to whether it would have enough
>throughput for myth.

>I'm curious though, I typically average a 36megabit connection, and
>we're only talking about maybe 12 feet between the base station and the
>NIC... what kind of link and distance do you have? (I really can't
>comment on how much of that 36megabit I get to use, I haven't run any
>conclusive tests... I just know that the link status says 36megabit
>"Very Good" an awful lot.

Really don't know how to check the link status on the xbox.  Distance wise
the router
and bridge are on opposite sides of the house (40ish feet?).   The game
adapater doesn't
have a web interface like the regular Linksys bridge so you have to
configure it on a windows
pc, then plug into the xbox and let it go.  The game adapter is $99 US and
the regular 54G bridge is $150 US.