[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth R3

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 16:22:50 EDT 2003

Well, the problem wasn't with the ISO image /per se/; I was able to mount
both (hust.la and geekweb) just fine via loopback, and I even burned the
hust.la one and tried to boot it.  The problem was that the compressed
filesystem contained inside the ISO filesystem (/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX) was
corrupt, and after the system booted, it got errors decompressing stuff when
it got to loading XFree86.  I thought it might have been a bad burn, so I
mounted it via loopback and attempted to extract the compressed filesystem
with "extract_compressed_fs" from the cloop package, and it alway died
extracting the same block.  When I tried the same procedure on the geekweb
image, it extracted with no problem.  I've just burned it, and will try
booting it when I get home this evening.

-JAC