[mythtv-users] Mythtv Success

Jon jgregor at hotpop.com
Tue Sep 2 20:37:06 EDT 2003

Over the last few months I've been avidly reading this list, doing as much
research as I could and trying to plan out my box. Well I just finished it
and I'm extremely happy with the results for my budget.  I just wanted to
thank everyone that helped me solve my problems as I went along and offer my
help to anyone that has any questions.  I'm going to list my current
configuration and If anyone is having problems with a similar configuration
I'd be happy to help.  Also a special thanks to Jarods guide.

Asus Pundit , 2.0 ghz celeron 256 megs ram
hauppuage pvr-250  ( grey remote )
seagate 160 gig 8mb cache hd
I'm running mythtv 11 from ATrpms on redhat 9
I'm using the grey hauppauge remote via lirc  (lirc_i2c) as well as a
homebrew ir transmitter to change channels on my scientific atlanta explorer
2100 (lirc_serial).
Also I have no complaints, I have a learning remote and a wireless keyboard
on order, but I've had no problems with the hauppuage remote, I just want to
intergrate the rest of my living room into one remote.

pictures can be found at
http://24.93.135.77/pvr/