[mythtv-users] Re: Writing VCD and SVCD

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Sep 1 02:30:58 EDT 2003

> Yes, I'm running the script on the box which is
> running mythbackend. It appears to be connecting,
> because I hacked the lines parsing the mysql.txt file,
> and manually entered the details, changing the
> password causes the script to die with a db connect
> failure.

yeah, you would also get an error if the script couldn't find the
mysql.txt file.

> I saw your later post about a new version, and being
> happy to work with those of us who are having a
> problem displaying the shows. I'll try it this evening
> at home. I'd be happy assisting to debug this issue,
> even though perl is something I don't know much. Linux
> coding is something I'm poor on full stop, so bear
> with me.

Ok.  Perl's pretty easy to deal with - if you could edit the db stuff,
it should be easy enough to add a few print statements into the db query
section that builds up the show information and find out why it's not
getting any data (or try running the queries manually to see if they
come up with anything).  It *should* error out if the queries fail
completely, so it's behaving like the shows just aren't matching up with
their database entries.

Hopefully we can match up timezone-wise..  If you're in the UK, I'm 8
hours behind you (or so - I forget how daylight savings affects that...
stupid daylight savings...).

-Chris