[mythtv-users] RPM packages?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Oct 23 02:33:39 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 23:17, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> Yep. Followed by an "apt-get update" of course. All's well with it for
> me so far, aside from not yet figuring out the new MythVideo interface
> completely just yet...

Aww... cmon!  It's been there for months now! ;)  Besides, it's
definitely got a serious "impress your friends" aspect to it... As a
Tivo owner who used to preach Tivo to my friends, I now preach mythtv to
the techno-savvy - I've got 2 friends building them now and a couple
more in the planning stages... the hard part is convincing them to not
to use the releases, since CVS is usually where the action (read: Good
Stuff[TM]) is!! ;)

One quick note here though - (this is more for Axel than you Jarod...)
for the 0.12 RPMs, it might be better to leave xvmc off, for several
reasons:

a) it isn't enabled in the release 0.12
b) it breaks PIP
c) it lowers performance