[mythtv-users] Backend 3000 miles away (kinda)

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Thu Oct 16 22:21:19 EDT 2003

On 16 Oct 2003 at 13:38, scut erky wrote:

> This also implies that you can't use the cable box remote to navigate within
> mythtv (since the signal from the remote would get picked up by both the cable
> box and myth).

Heh, funny you should mention that.... I was just thinking about that the
other day.  Actually, you _should_ be able to use it if you switch the remote
into say vcr mode or some such.... Here in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Shaw Cable
supplies a 4 or 5 in 1 remote that is also jp1 compatible (has a nice flap on
the back for access).
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting