[mythtv-users] Changing channel station names

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Tue Oct 14 16:46:26 EDT 2003

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. wrote:

| j> The part I haven't figured out yet is why a program that was scheduled
| j> to record _before_ the database is updated still gets recorded at the
| j> wrong time. I think it has something to do with having duplicate
channel
| j> information in the database, one set is correct and the other is not.
| j> I'm hoping to make a tool that will flush a specific channel from the
| j> database and repopulate it with correct contents that I can use
whenever
| j> ~ I need to change my channel lineup.
|
|         If the recording is not the "record on all channels" type,
| then it uses the chanid at the time you scheduled the recording, which
| in your case is the old one (1045).

Yah, the problem was that it seemed I had _two_ sets of listings in the
database for chanid 1045. One with a station name of TBS and one named TBSP.

|         To force an update of a few channels, you could create a
| temporary xmltv config file with all but the desired channels
| commented out and then use the "-file" option of mythfilldatabase to
| update the database one day at a time.  Something like this:
|
| tv_grab_na --config-file ~/.mythtv/tmp.xmltv --days 1 --offset $i
- --output tmp.xml
| mythfilldatabase --file 1 $i tmp.xml
|
| (where $i = 0 ... 7)
|
| If you want to do a complete update of all channels, then you may as
| well rerun "setup" to clear and repopulate all program/channel
| settings.  Either way, you'll probably want to review/redo your
| scheduled recordings.

Very helpful info, thanks!

Within the past hour I reran setup and answered yes to clearing
program/channel information. Afterwards I made sure the xmltv file was
correct. (Interestingly, even though I had to re-enter my provider info
in mythtvsetup, it didn't stomp over my customized xmltv file; I was
surprised but pleased. I let mythfilldatabase run, took about 30
minutes. I now appear to have correct listing information with no
duplicates, and all my saved/scheduled programs remain intact.

Thanks again!