[mythtv-users] DVB-T Setup Guide

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Mon Oct 6 01:35:26 EDT 2003

Since I mentioned a couple of times that I have a DVB card working with
MythTV, a few people have asked if I had any doco on how the setup was
done - I did everything by playing around and from bits and pieces in the
archive. I have roughly put together the steps I did in a simple doc. It
specifically targets my Hauppauge DVB-T card but most should apply to DVB-S
and DVB-C cards.

It's pretty rough and is just a text file at the moment although that may
change in the future. It was essentially all done off the top of my head
since I was using my DVB card at the time. So there's virtually a 100%
chance that there's a mistake or two.

[Obligatory disclaimer]
DVB support is workable but definitely not for the faint of heart. If you
break your database or your Mythbox, too bad.
[/Obligatory disclaimer]

You can get my first draft linked here:
http://www.hack.id.au

If people notice any mistakes or think I should add or change anything
stuff, let me know and I will update it.

Hope that helps those who asked or at least gives an idea as to what's
involved

CH