[mythtv-users] Machine lockup while watching a recording

Tobias Blomberg blomman at ludd.luth.se
Mon Oct 6 08:35:45 EDT 2003

On Monday 06 October 2003 06.37, Reiter, John wrote:
> I was watching a recorded program, and  the machine locked up, except for
> the scroll lock, and caps lock leds where blinking.  After a reboot, it
> looks like Myth tried to delete the recording that I was currently
> watching.

This was a kernel panic (the Linux BSOD) and has nothing to do with MythTV.
Your system is broken in some way (hardware failure, bad drivers etc). This
is how it is expressed in the documentation:

There is usually a stack trace on the console when this happens. That might
tell you where in the kernel the crash occurred. However, the traces are no
easy reading. Maybe someone on the list can give more help.

/ Tobias