[mythtv-users] Bad artist and title data in MythMusic

Chris Poch cpoch at vt.edu
Fri Oct 3 23:44:01 EDT 2003

I have bad data that shows up for artist and title in MythMusic 0.11.
Most files show up as 0 ~ /media/mp3/Genre/Artist - Track.mp3 in select
music to be played.  Some tracks show up correctly when they are
actually being played, but most stick to the 0 ~ /media/mp3/Genre/Artist
- Title.mp3 format, showing the file name and the full path to the file
instead of the contents of the ID3 tag.  Almost all my files have ID3
tags, but only a few show up in MythMusic.

All my file names are correct and not all my ID3 tags are correct, so I
played around with turning off the ID3 feature.  All that happened is
the few files that showed up correctly now show up as full paths as
well.  I've played around with all the options in MythMusic, ran a
script that generates ID3 tags from filenames, and tried files in other
players.  All worked fine.  I dropped the musicmetadata table in the
database multiple times and ran the musicmetadata parts of the
metadata.sql script.  No matter what I do, I still end up with garbage
file names.  I looked in mysql, and the data in the database is bad, so
MythMusic isn't reading the right data when it builds the table.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get the correct artist and title
to show up in MythMusic?  I feel like I've tried everything and made no
progress.
-Chris

P.S.  A few folders have some tracks that have the original track number
from the CD where the song came from instead of a 0 in the artist ~
title display.  Don't know if that could be related in some way.