[mythtv-users] TV problem with PAL and SECAM

Yannick ml.mythtv at free.fr
Fri Oct 3 23:51:03 EDT 2003

 Hello !

 I found a strange problem that should only happen in countries where
 both PAL and SECAM channel can be found (In France, the norm is SECAM. But
you'll find a lot of interesting foreign programs in PAL norm)

 xawtv works fine, with  .xawtv file containing both PAL and SECAM channels.

 But mythtv doesn't.

 The channel changes well, but for example, if the last channel was PAL and
the next one will be PAL -> It's OK.

 But if the next one is SECAM, you will get a totally messed picture !

 The problem comes from the fact that Mythtv does never care of the norm...

 Too bad... I'll have too choose between PAL or SECAM channel to set up mythtv...

 Is there any way to configure Mythtv to accept and handle correctly several
norms in the same time ?

 Thank you very much !

Debian Project (http://www.debian.org)