[mythtv-users] video card recomendations.

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 22:56:14 EDT 2003

From: Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
>I'm going to see if I can find another voodoo3
>as I know they are nice
>and cheap(low cost).. but I did have some
>issues with it not filling the
>full screen on the TV.. What is everyone else using?
>what's good? I
>don't need anything overkill.. just a simple AGP
>video card that will
>handle XV, and tv out on linux and won't
>hurt my pocket book..

I'm using a Voodoo3 3000 TV-out.  I set X to
800x600, then set nvtv to 640x480, then fine
tuned MythTV's size and offset to match
the borders of the TV.  I have no black borders
at all.

I got the Voodoo3 from www.surpluscomputers.com
for $13 about 2-3 months ago, but they seem to be
sold out now.

-Dennis