[mythtv-users] Strange volume effects

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 22:59:50 EDT 2003

As you might have seen from my other thread, I've recently migrated from
an old "experimental" mythbox to a purpose built new box. The transition
has gone well and I'm very happy. However, I do seem to have a strange
problem with volume.

Music from mythmusic, the audio from videos in mythvideo, and old
recordings that I have migrated from the old box are all at pretty much
the same volume. However, new recordings made on the new box, along with
watching live tv on the new box, seems to have about half the volume of
the other things mentioned above.

Even if the old recordings were somehow recorded with a different level
(the old machine used OSS, the new one uses ALSA 9), that doesn't really
explain why mythmusic et al play at one level, and live tv and new
recordings play at another. It seems like MythTV is setting the volume
each time it now records, and then it goes back to another setting after
I quit.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this is happening?

Thanks,
Andrew