[mythtv-users] Nvidia interlacing

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Sun Nov 30 22:33:42 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 10:49:54PM +0000, Steve Hill wrote:
> modeline for 768x576 (PAL) and the Nvidia driver threw it out as an
> invalid resolution.  720x576 didn't work either.  From what I could tell,

> the VGA connector, but I've seen other people saying that the Nvidia
> driver doesn't support interlaced mode at all.  Unless it will interlace,

That's right. The NVIDIA drivers do not support interlacing (the card does,
and under Windows it works fine).

The Xfree86 "nv" driver does support interlacing, but not on GeForce 4
cards, nor does it (or nvtv) support the Geforce 4 TV encoder.

So, I ended up hacking the nv driver to use VBE (Vesa) BIOS calls to set
up the card in an interlaced mode, but still using the nv driver, which
supports XV etc. It works, but is slower than the Nvidia drivers, and even
though I supply clocking parameters the BIOS appears to ignore them, so
I can't control overscan. But at least I get a viewable picture on my PAL
TV in 800x600. It will do me until I get a widescreen TV.

--
Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde at htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax