[mythtv-users] Dedicated hardware recommendations

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Sat Nov 29 01:10:33 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 06:14:07PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> That would be preferable in some ways but I wonder if the
> hardware frame timing and A/V sync would still work if
> software decoded data is fed to the card.

Some tweaking will probably be required.  However, since the ivtv and
myth developers seem to be an incestuous bunch (each using the other's
works), I'm confident it will get worked out as well as the hardware
allows.

FYI, I got my PVR 350 today.  Family/holiday stuff got in the way so I
haven't finished setup and testing yet.  However, the preliminary
results are that it's a tremendous improvement for watching hockey and
backetball.  Football gets checked out tomorrow.  I can't say yet if
it's as good or better than a TiVo, but if it isn't, it's pretty
close.

David
--
David Engel