[mythtv-users] Dedicated hardware recommendations

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Thu Nov 27 18:48:03 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 23:59, Steve Hill wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
>
> > Rule 1: Read first, ask second. All your questions are answered on the
> > list already.
>
> I have been looking on the archives but couldn't really find the
> answers...
>
> Does Myth sync properly with all graphics cards or is it just the Nvidia
> cards (a look at the source shows it looking at /dev/nvidia0 so it seems
> to have Nvidia-specific code in there, but I'm not sure if it has code for
> other cards too?)

Didn't try an nvidia tv-out with myth, but what I have seen from the
tv-out of the NVidia in our CAD-workstation is not what I would like to
look at when watching a DVD.

I refered to your questions about the PVR350. And the answer is: yes it
can display in native PAL resolutions with scan lines lining up with
your TV (well I don't know about your TV, actually, but it does on
mine). It can't do any other resolution but native PAL or NTSC. There
are exactly two modelines that will work with it: PAL and NTSC.

Torsten