[mythtv-users] Multiple capture cards and audio

Douglas Phillipson dougp at intermind.net
Tue Nov 25 18:22:08 EST 2003

Am I correct in assuming that if you want to record two simultaneous
programs, you have to have capture cards with audio  capture capability
like a PVR-250/350.

Is it possible to capture two streams with two Wintv Go boards,assuming
CPU is fast enough, using just the audio circuitry on the MOBO?  I would
assume not.

Do these WinTV Go boards have audio capture capability?

I was getting audio from the line out on the Wintv Go board during
capture and during use by xawtv.  Does that mean it can capture audio?

Do I need a cable between capture card and mobo sound input with Wintv
Go board?

The FAQ states:

NOTE: The PVR-250/350 does not require a sound card for audio capture.

Does this mean the cheaper Hauppage WinTV Go board does require either
MOBO audio or separate audio card for each capture card?

Being somewhat short on slots, if you have to have 2 audio devices, can
one be the MOBO device and the other be a Sound board?

Thanks

Doug P