[mythtv-users] SPDIF, IVTV, and Live TV

Brent Brownfield brent at sykescreek.net
Sun Nov 23 14:23:28 EST 2003

I am experiencing a strange problem with spdif sound. I have a VIA 8233
integrated sound card, and have connected a spdif bracket to it. The
sound from the optical out works if I play a recording obtained from my
PVR 250, but once I tell mythtv to watch live tv the sound no longer
works from the spdif but continues to work from  analog speaker output.
Anyone have any ideas?
I am running Fedora Core 1, and the latest mythtv and ivtv that is on
apt.

Following is my modules.conf file:
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`

#lirc device
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

#Ethernet Cards
alias eth0 e100
alias eth1 3c59x

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
# module options should go here
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
#options snd major=116 cards_limit=1
options snd cards_limit=1
options snd-via82xx index=0 dxs_support=3
post-install snd-card-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove snd-card-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

#USB
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd

#VIDEO