[mythtv-users] Dream System .... almost

Mark Gardner markg at byu.edu
Fri Nov 21 12:17:45 EST 2003

Ok... I've had quite a bit of Linux experience but in some regards I
still find myself no better off than a newbie except for the fact that I
can usually find the documentation that I need.

Here's the Existing Hardware that I have
PIII 550
256 RAM

No Video
40 GIG HD

The sole purpose of the machine will be to run myth TV.  After checking
out freePVR and a few others I have decided (well my wife decided) that
MythTv has the best feature set for us.

So my question is what is the best distribution to run MythTv on, and
What is best Video Card to Run.

In the near future I'll be getting a new MOBO with a 1.3 PROC. So the
video card needs to be good but not necessarily compatible with the PIII
MOBO

Mark Gardner