[mythtv-users] Is this DVB card usable?

Aike Terjung Aike at terjung.net
Fri Nov 21 04:52:52 EST 2003

> That's right, you don't need the decoder chip for myth, and in fact it
> isn't supported in any case.  There are some projects which DO use the
> decoder chip though, for example VDR produces excellent quality TV output
> and has similar functions to myth (without eye candy), using machines
> around P200 spec.
>
> Personally I prefer the eye candy of myth though.  And for this no decoder
> chip is required
I prefer it to, and VDR is not usable for me because my cable provider don't
send the "normal" programs as DVB. Only additional channels and Pay TV is
send Digital. So i need the anaoge card too.

> Well, it also depends on whether you have freeview, or whether you need to
> decode your pay tv channels.  If the content is encoded then you also need
> a CAM module and a DVB-C card which has drivers for the CAM.  You should
> check on the linuxtv-dvb list whether this card is supported for CAM.
>
> I'm also not sure what state the CAM code is in, but Kenneth has done a lot
> of work to make this possible.

Hm, i think at the moment i am not interrested in PayTV channels. So this is
not realy importend at the moment.

But if i understand right, at linuxtv.org i found that only card revisions
1.1, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1 were supported. The card im interested in thems to
be 1.0. So it would not work?

cu Aike