[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Thu Nov 20 20:16:48 EST 2003

> > No, probably not.  Your box is never sending any responses (there are
> > no RECV: lines) to anything my script is sending, which usually means
> > the serial port is not enabled.
>
> So, when channel doesn't report a RECV line, it means it got NO data, or just
> no data that fit the protocol it expected?

No data that fits the protocol.  Add something like

  debug("Got byte: 0x%02x\n",*ch);

before the return in serial.c:serial_getnextbyte() to see if it's
getting anything at all.

> It's almost as though the system is in some other diag mode, as discussed on the
> TiVo forums.  I haven't tried calling my cable company yet, but I'm sure it will
> be painful so I've been putting it off.

There were some posts fairly recently that mention what you should ask
for to get your serial port turned on properly.  Might want to search
the archives for that.

> Have you seen this Jim?

Nope, have only tested on my own box which works fine, sorry..

-jim