[mythtv-users] Linux Mythtv Questions

Spillins at aol.com Spillins at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 13:56:33 EST 2003

Hello, I'm new to linux, but am excited about getting mythtv up and running.
 I ran into a roadblock I think.   I have install redhat 9.0 on a P3 733mhz
and was about to get started on the mythtv installation.   I have also
downloaded all the other applications that were listed on the installation guides from
the sites that were mentioned to download from.   This is where I am at the
moment, how do compile in linux, (remember new to linux here, so please be
kind). I have searched the web and come up empty on how to do this.   Also once I
do learn to compile, what do I compile, meaning which file, is there a way to
tell the difference?   It would be great if someone could direct me to a site
that they might have come across that explains it all.   Like I said, I'm new
to linux and have printed out the 89 page mythtv installation guide, but it
seems that was written for someone with alittle bit of knowledge about linux,
would be nice if I could find something that is broken down even more so.
Anyways looking forward to the challenge of getting this worked (kinked out) and
any suggestions or guideness would be greatly appriciated.

Dave