[mythtv-users] Linux Mythtv Questions

Christopher Pond cpond at team345.com
Thu Nov 20 14:31:57 EST 2003

Look at http://www.kernel.org
For redhat, you'll also need to add an extra step after configuring and
before making everything:  "make mrproper".
However, depending on what you need to install, you may not have to
rebuild the stock RH 9.0 kernel.
Also, I doubt a P3-733 can handle the load unless you're using a
Hauppauge pvr-* card.

Chris

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 13:56, Spillins at aol.com wrote:

> Hello, I'm new to linux, but am excited about getting mythtv up and
> running.  I ran into a roadblock I think.  I have install redhat 9.0
> on a P3 733mhz and was about to get started on the mythtv
> installation.  I have also downloaded all the other applications that
> were listed on the installation guides from the sites that were
> mentioned to download from.  This is where I am at the moment, how do
> compile in linux, (remember new to linux here, so please be kind). I
> have searched the web and come up empty on how to do this.  Also once
> I do learn to compile, what do I compile, meaning which file, is there
> a way to tell the difference?  It would be great if someone could
> direct me to a site that they might have come across that explains it
> all.  Like I said, I'm new to linux and have printed out the 89 page
> mythtv installation guide, but it seems that was written for someone
> with alittle bit of knowledge about linux, would be nice if I could
> find something that is broken down even more so.  Anyways looking
> forward to the challenge of getting this worked (kinked out) and any
> suggestions or guideness would be greatly appriciated.
>
> Dave

Christopher Pond
Team345
cpond at team345.com
IM userid (jabber, yahoo, AOL): cpondteam345
(603) 329-8362