[mythtv-users] pixelview PV878P+ rev 9d; still have audio problems

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Nov 18 04:44:11 EST 2003

Mike B wrote:
> I could really use any information possible concerning this tv capture
> card.  I am still unable to capture audio.
>
> I can get sound to play by connecting the 'audio out' line from my
> pixelview tv card to the 'line in' on my sound card.  I can watch tv
> fine, all the channels work, remote w/ lirc works, everything is great
> for wtaching tv.  To get tv working fine I use bttv options card=37
> tuner=2.  This seems to be the only combo that works flawlessly when I
> go through my sound card's 'line in'.  However I have read to use option
> card=72 with this pixelview card, but some channels get no audio that way.

If it autodetects as 37 and 'works flawlessly' you should
probably go with that. Whoever wrote about using card=72
may have had a slightly different model.

grep -i Pixelview /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST
  card=16 - Prolink Pixelview PlayTV (bt878)
  card=37 - Prolink PixelView PlayTV pro
  card=50 - Prolink PV-BT878P+4E / PixelView PlayTV PAK / Lenco MXTV-9578 CP
  card=70 - Prolink Pixelview PV-BT878P+ (Rev.4C,8E)
  card=72 - Prolink Pixelview PV-BT878P+9B (PlayTV Pro rev.9B FM+NICAM)

--  bjm