[mythtv-users] manual record (by entering data in mysql)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Nov 16 16:16:12 EST 2003

> I am using mythweb for most of the normal scheduling.  But mythweb will
> not do manual recording.  I have a special case.  I want to record the
> first 10 min every night of the Jay Lenno show which is 90 min long.  I
> have two reasons for this.  The first few min. of the show is really the

If this is what you want, then setup a normal recording with a post-roll
of -80 minutes which will end the recording 80 minutes early.  I thought
Leno was only 60-65 minutes though, so maybeyou want a -50 postroll.

For preroll, positive numbers mean start early and negative means start
late.  For postroll, positive means end late and negative means end early.
So to record the first 10 minutes of Leno if it is 60 minutes, leave
preroll at 0 and set postroll to -50.  No manual scheduling involved.

For the manual recording stuff.  Have a look at the code which is already
in Myth which lets you do this.  I think it's in
programs/mythfrontend/manualschedule.cpp.

--

Chris