[mythtv-users] Onboard Sk41g video

rosenbla at uchastings.edu rosenbla at uchastings.edu
Sun Nov 16 14:59:12 EST 2003

>From seaching the past archivves it appears people have had success with the
onboard tv-out of the sk41g but have reported with the Savage8 chipsets that X
uses a lot of cpu (30%) because it is having to do software translating (YUV2) or
scaling or something that the hardware does not support.

Has any one resolved this does anyone with an sk41g use the onboard TV-out and
is happy with it, and has it working without X using a lot of cpu? If so what CPU
speed and distro are you using, did you have to install addtional video drivers?

Thanks about to buy one.

One other thing is the noise of it going to drive me crazy? I also have a dell 4300
and it is extremely quiet I think. I am worried about that little fan on the sk41g
whirling at 4000rpm or something and making a racket. I would plan to leave this
system on all the time.