[mythtv-users] MythDVD Rip Quality

Andrew Hogue hogue at cs.yorku.ca
Sun Nov 16 15:44:17 EST 2003

Hi,

> 	MythDVD is just passing options to transcode. It figures out the kind
> of source material based on things like width, height, letterbox, etc
> (dvdinput table), and uses those to choose among output formats
> (dvdtranscode table).

Is it possible to make MythDVD use the .xvid2.cfg file in your home dir to
specify the quality of the transcode for xvid encoding?  Wouldn't it be
nicer to have the options passed to transcode simply have the "-Q X"
option where X is a number.  Perfect could be 0, Excellent would be 1,
etc... then transcode would look at the xvid2.cfg file in the mythtv
user's home directory for this file, if not found it will go with
defaults, if not, we would be able to modify these settings ourselves
right?

Maybe it already does this?

-- Andrew