[mythtv-users] MythDVD Rip Quality

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Mon Nov 10 12:50:24 EST 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 12:23, Edward Wildgoose wrote:

> I got distracted before really having a good fiddle with this, but it
> did look as though one of the NTSC settings for "perfect" or
> "excellent" or somesuch was doing this?  Is it possible?

	It should be :-)

	MythDVD is just passing options to transcode. It figures out the kind
of source material based on things like width, height, letterbox, etc
(dvdinput table), and uses those to choose among output formats
(dvdtranscode table).

	It may very well be that I have not supported some transcode option
that would be very useful in acheiving some specific objective (such as
PAL anamorphic related flags to do a minimum amount of CPU work but tag
the output as 16:9). As long as that option is relevant to the
transcoding of DVD's, it should probably be added.

	The place to start is to come up with the "perfect" transcode command
line that does exactly what you want. If the tablespace and the mtd can
alreay accomodate that command line, then write some SQL. If not, send
me the command line and/or think about patching the tablespace/mtd
code.

- thor