[mythtv-users] Anyone tried mosix?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Nov 15 15:39:41 EST 2003

> Just out of curiousity, has anyone tried using a mosix cluster to help with
> things like transcoding etc?

I tried a long time ago, but unfortunately, I couldn't get the pundit's
NIC driver to compile with the openmosix kernel running.

I also don't know how much open/mosix can do with transcoding - I've
tried it for mp3 encoding, which is too disk intensive and doesn't
migrate.

I'd be interested to hear what others have come up with, though - when I
tried things, mfs was too new to use, and that would be the key to using
it for things like transcoding.

-Chris