[mythtv-users] how to use nuvexport to transcode a PVR250 episode to an MPEG4 simple format file for archos jukebox

Jeff Campbell tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sat Nov 8 16:24:55 EST 2003

Hi All,

I would like to export some of my myth recorded shows (captured with a PVR 250 card in MPEG2 format) to MPEG4 Simple Profile for display on my Archos Jukebox MM handheld.  I downloaded Chris's nuvexport and installed FFMPEG but when I run NUV export and select a show, it just loops saying it is waiting for mythtranscode to open fifos.  I did see a note about possibly needing to probe for mpeg headers but I'm afraid I don't have any idea what that means or how to do it.

Could someone steer me in the right direction on how to use what looks like a great utility, nuvexport, to create MPEG4 files?  I'm off on a long trip on monday and would love to take some content with me. :)

-Jeff