[mythtv-users] Adjusting Brightness, Contrast, etc. Per Card?

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 7 18:54:22 EST 2003

Is there any way to bias the adjustment of brightness and contrast (and hue
and saturation) for each capture card?  My bttv card was so bright that
highlights were washing out and losing detail.   Adjusting the card
settings didn't help because those are overwritten at the start of each
recording.  So, the only way I could cure it was to I reduce the brightness
adjustment for every channel using MythWeb until the bttv card looked ok -
but now the output of the PVR-250 card is as dark as the inside of a coal
cellar.  If there is a per-card adjustment, would someone please point me
toward it?  If there isn't already such a thing, I would suggest that a
simple bias (+ / -) for each setting to be applied arithmetically for each
card would allow you to keep the per-channel adjustments and still address
card-to-card differences.