[mythtv-users] EPG causes lockup w/CVS

MythTV at C4L davidc-mythtv at connect4less.com
Fri Nov 7 17:10:09 EST 2003

It's me again.  I did a quick search on the list, and noticed there
aren't any recent posts regarding this.  I'm not sure if it's a Myth
issue or ivtv.

If I run Myth on screen 0 (VGA monitor DISPLAY=:0.0) and output the TV
via the PVR350 TVOUT (screen 1) to TV, then all seems to fine.

If I run Myth on screen 1 (TVOUT on PVR350 DISPLAY=:0.1) then if I bring
up EPG and navigate, the sytem hard locks.

The only weird things I see in syslog when I load all the modules:

Nov  7 13:29:12 pvr1 insmod:
/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.25mdk/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.o.gz:
init_module: No such device
Nov  7 13:29:12 pvr1 insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ
parameters.       You may find more information in syslog or the output
from dmesg
Nov  7 13:29:12 pvr1 modprobe: modprobe: insmod bttv failed
Nov  7 13:29:12 pvr1 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module rivatv
Nov  7 13:29:12 pvr1 kernel: ivtv-fb: warning: cannot reserve video
memory at 0xdd510000

I start this system in what I'll call a "RAW" state.  The only thing
that loads is X.  I have two scripts that I use to load/unload all the
modules and daemons needed by myth.  Then I open separate terms for
mythbackend -v AND mythfrontend -v.  The backend runs as root, and the
frontend runs as user mythtv:

[root at pvr1 root]# cat livtv.scr
#!/bin/bash

# Source function library.