[mythtv-users] Playback in FF

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 12:19:02 EST 2003

Top-posting rearranged.

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 11:55, Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca >
"Joseph A. Caputo"
wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2003 11:21, Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
> wrote:
> Where can I change my audio sampling rate?
>
> Jon
>

> > Hello all,
> >
> >       I have a  couple questions.
> > 1)  I have finally got sound and video sync'd when watching live
> > tv. My problem now being that when I watch a recorded program it
> > plays back in FF, with audio and video.  Has anyone had this
> > problem before?  Any ideas on a remedy?
> >
> > 2)  I have a question about external tuners.  I have seen the
> > script to run an external set top box via serial port to your
> > mythtv PC, in order to change the set top box channels.  I was just
> > wondering if anyone has created this script for a PACE set top box.
> >  I saw a script for sony, and RCA.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jon
>
> You've probably specified the wrong audio sample rate somewhere.
> Your card may not be able to record/play the rate you've specified,
> and is up/down-sampling it behind your back.  Since the audio & video
> are synced, the video is sped up to keep pace with the audio.  Note,
> if you're using btaudio it probably only supports recording at 32kHz.
> Otherwise, you've probably specified 48kHz and your sound card only
> does 44.1kHz.
>
> -JAC
>
> Where can I change my audio sampling rate?
>
> Jon

There are 2 places.  In the backend setup, where you define a capture
card, you can set a sample rate *limit* for that card.  (Actually, I
don't really know what that does... presumably it won't record higher
than that rate for that card).  The setting you probably need to
adjust, though, is in your recording profile, under Setup->TV
Settings->Recording Profiles.  There's a setting for 'Audio sample
rate'.

-JAC