[mythtv-users] Upgrading to .12 RPMS

Cedar McKay cedar at aliandcedar.com
Tue Nov 4 01:51:48 EST 2003

> 2) Can I really just keep my 160GB HD that is my /tv FS with all the
> recordings and somehow "re-insert" them in to the DB with that perl
> script from the contrib directory?  Is all the show info encapsulated
> in the filenames?

Show info is not encapsulated. You have two options if you want to keep
your shows. What I would do is make a backup of your database like
this:
Then after you have reinstalled restore your database. Or if you
suspect that your database is screwed you can use the
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl  from the source mythtv/contrib directory to
reinsert your files. However, this will lose show info and name info.

best,
cedar