[mythtv-users] re: MPEG2->MPEG4 transcoding under .12

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Mon Nov 3 13:31:30 EST 2003

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=87677;search_string=mencoder%20seg%20fault;guest=1474458&t=search_engine#87677

> I was having the same problem and this solved it. But now when i
transcode
> anything, whether i rencode the audio using mp3 or uncompressed, i audio
> cuts in and out or blips.

So I still get the segfault, but now that I got the right transcoder setup
I don't get the "Unknown Video Codec" anymore.  I've tried without audio
compression, so it doesn't even use lame, but I segfault on that too, so
the above fix wouldn't help that (right?).

I've tried MPEG4 and RTJPEG, RTJPEG get's a lot farther, but both of them
crash.

Ben