[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 10, Issue 4

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 09:45:04 EST 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 11:53, myth at h2cs.com wrote:
> I have been running Myth v0.12 since the release.  This past Wed, I
> had 2 shows sched to record back to back, which has never been a
> problem before.  This time, when I came back to my pc, the clock had
> stopped at 9PM (when the second show was supposed to start).  Once I
> got the system running again, I checked my recordings.  The first
> show recorded, but the 9PM show did not.  When I went to edit the 8PM
> show the progress bar indicated that I had only recorded about 10 min
> of the show, even though the entire program was there.  Any
> recordings since then have not allowed me to get into the edit mode.
> In the past couple of days I have noticed that every program I record
> has a glitch every 15-60 seconds, where the program skips.  It seems
> I am not recording cleanly anymore. I am running an athlon 1800XP,
> 512M RAM, I have about 8 gig free in the location I store recordings,
> I have a PVR-250, and am running mandrake 9.1.  Can anyone help me
> figure this out.  I do not know how to run any traces, so if that is
> required to help troubleshoot, please point me to a resource that can
> show me how to run them.  Thanks.

Hmmm... 8 GB free seems a little lean, especially with a PVR-250... it's
possible you're running into disk space issues.  Check your settings
for the 'New recording free disk space threshhold'.  If that's set too
low, you could run out of disk space in the middle of a recording.  I
decent rule of thumb is to set it no less than the size of a recorded
1-hr program.  If you typically record longer programs, set it even
higher.

As far as not being able to go into edit mode and your other glitches, I
suppose your db table with the seektable data could be corrupted... I'm
not really well-versed in those issues, though.

-JAC