[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 10, Issue 4

myth at h2cs.com myth at h2cs.com
Sun Nov 2 11:53:01 EST 2003

I have been running Myth v0.12 since the release.  This past Wed, I had
2 shows sched to record back to back, which has never been a problem
before.  This time, when I came back to my pc, the clock had stopped at
9PM (when the second show was supposed to start).  Once I got the system
  running again, I checked my recordings.  The first show recorded, but
the 9PM show did not.  When I went to edit the 8PM show the progress bar
indicated that I had only recorded about 10 min of the show, even though
the entire program was there.  Any recordings since then have not
allowed me to get into the edit mode.  In the past couple of days I have
noticed that every program I record has a glitch every 15-60 seconds,
where the program skips.  It seems I am not recording cleanly anymore.
I am running an athlon 1800XP, 512M RAM, I have about 8 gig free in the
location I store recordings, I have a PVR-250, and am running mandrake
9.1.  Can anyone help me figure this out.  I do not know how to run any
traces, so if that is required to help troubleshoot, please point me to
a resource that can show me how to run them.  Thanks.