[mythtv-users] So close I can taste it. Final issue before I get to leave you alone?

tekchip tekchip at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 22:15:06 EDT 2003

Ok, due in part to the kindness shown on this list in helping me out
and partially due to good documentation on the web site I have
managed to get everything configured, and running up till I try to
switch to watch TV. At that point the screen goes blank for a second
and then the monitor clicks due to switching resolutions and I find
that the computer has rebooted it's self.

Now before you tell me to check the FAQ let me re-assure you I've all
ready done that(more than once for other issues). It tells me it's
more than likely a hardware issue. To test I have swapped ram,
swapped to a larger known good power supply. Attempted to unplug the
cd-rom drive. The only thing that hasn't acctually been swapped is
the motherboard/proc and hdd. I do suppose the motherboard, processor
or hdd could be the problem. However the machine runs rock solid in
absolutely everything else. Just to ensure it wasn't an issue with
the vid capture card I installed xawtv and I can get video just fine.
Played a little Dead or Alive 2(on dreamcast), for testing purposes
mind you.

Uppon running XAWTV I noticed that in order to get picture I had to
switch the input from Television(the coax connector I'm guessing?) to
Composit 1(standard yellow video connector). This did give me proper
video. I then went back and attempted to re-run myth's backend setup
and re-ran mythfilldb. This still had no effect on the issue. Is
there something I may have missed?

Here's the system stats:
VIA EPIA 800(flame away)
Single stick PC133 256mb Micron ram
Maxtor 8gb hdd
Sony 24x CD-Rom
ATI TV Wonder VE

Please dont tell me to read the faq or the documentation I've been
over those both 5 or 6 times now. And if you tell me to look at the
list archive for an answer you obviously have way to much time on
your hands. Get with the internet program, impliment a search engine.
Any way sorry for being crusty about the list archive. Thanks for any
help you can provide!

=====
Brock Hatfield
tekchip at yahoo.com