[mythtv-users] How do you make an IR Transmitter script for MythTV?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 20:41:29 EDT 2003

I'm in the process of building a IR Transmitter for my DirecTV receiver
which does not have a low speed data port :-(. Basicaly I'm trying to figure
out how to make a script to send IR signals out to it, and how to tie that
script into Myth. If someone could give me some advice (since I'm pretty
clueless for this part of the project) it would be great. Also if someone
could post their script here for an example, that would help a lot also. Thx

*For the integration with Myth - The script is just saved somewhere, and you
link it up in the myth setup for the capture card am I right? But then how
does myth know what to send that script, i'm lost...