[mythtv-users] Unsupress a recording

Allen T. Gilliland IV alleng4 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 09:49:24 EDT 2003

> Single record should a separate entity independent
> of any
> other rows in the database that happens to have the
> same
> title. You should be able to mark that you want to
> record
> a single showing with no impact on a selection for a
> series that may happen to have the same title.

It has never worked this way for me, whenever I change
a shows recording setting from say Timeslot record to
Single Recording then it removes the timeslot record.
I am not debating that functionality because it makes
sense, you don't want to double record things.  To me
it sounds like in your example above you would expect
to see a single show marked with 2 recording types
(single and timeslot) ...

are you suggesting this is how it should work?

> > 1) a setting like "don't suppress previously
> recorded
> > shows"
>
> This is a double negative based on assumption about
> what
> is going on internally. "Record all showings" is
> more to
> the point. This is an attribute for a series and a
> different
> feature than the independence of a single record.

Well ... really then you would need 2 options.
"Record all showings except previously recorded
episodes", which is the way it is now.  And "Record
all showings INCLUDING previously recorded episodes",
which is what I want.  What I am suggesting is
basically an alternate db column for recordings called
say "neglect_suppress" which can be either "true" or
"false" for each recording.  This could be represented
by a checkbox on the UI page for setting the recording
type for a show and defaults to unchecked.

> > 2) the ability to hit "enter" on a grey line
> > (suppressed) recording in the Resolve conflicts
> menu
> > and be offered a chance to click "record this
> episode
> > anyways"
>
> Or be able to hit "i" on any item on the conflict
> page
> be it grey, white, red, yellow or whatever. If
> single
> record worked correctly, you could then mark that
> one
> grey show to be recorded.

exactly!

> If there was a "Record all
> showings", you might choose that instead if that is
> what
> you want to future shows.

I would argue that the label "Record all showings" is
still ambiguous when trying to determine what happens
with previously recorded shows.  Thats why I think its
easiest to leave things as they are and add the extra
checkbox labeled "I want to record these shows even if
I have recorded them previously" ... or something like that.