[mythtv-users] Unsupress a recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue May 20 13:54:14 EDT 2003

Allen T. Gilliland IV wrote:
>>Single record should a separate entity independent
>>of any
>>other rows in the database that happens to have the
>>same
>>title. You should be able to mark that you want to
>>record
>>a single showing with no impact on a selection for a
>>series that may happen to have the same title.
>

> It has never worked this way for me, whenever I change
> a shows recording setting from say Timeslot record to
> Single Recording then it removes the timeslot record.

Which is what I said in the first place (and you disputed ;-)
Currently it modifies the entry for that title so single
record says record this showing and no others. I'm sure we
agree that this is not the desired behavior.

> I am not debating that functionality because it makes
> sense, you don't want to double record things.  To me
> it sounds like in your example above you would expect
> to see a single show marked with 2 recording types
> (single and timeslot) ...
>
> are you suggesting this is how it should work?

Not exactly. There should be two entries in the record
table; record "The Daily Show" everytime it is on at 11PM
on Comedy Central, and another entry to record the show
on Comedy Central at 11PM on 5/20/2003.

Single record "wins" in conflict resolution so 5/20 would
be marked "R" and all other days would be marked "T".

--  bjm