[mythtv-users] My experiences so far with MythTV/Leadtek Remote

Bruce C.Dillahunty bdillahu at peachbush.com
Tue May 20 01:13:56 EDT 2003

> 6. The remote control that comes with the Leadtek card works good
> after getting the keys programmed. This particular remote has some
> duplicate keys so I mapped all of them first, removed the duplicates,
> and associated the remaining keys with the keyboard commands I wanted.
> It's decent, but somewhere there has got to be a remote that I really
> like. I just haven't found it yet. Maybe I'll just get a remote
> keyboard and keep it by the couch.

I have found that with the latest lirc_gpio.c file from lirc CVS, there
is a fix for the duplicate keys... it actually isn't sending dupes, but
lirc wasn't detecting them correctly. I took that file and compiled it
in with an older lirc version I was using (don't ask... it was easier
:-) and then installed the lircd.conf file that I also got from CVS
(shows remote RC-0010 I think)... then all the keys work. This lets you
have play, record, etc. labeled "correctly".

Bruce