[mythtv-users] ASUS Pundit

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu May 8 23:16:27 EDT 2003

> Acording to http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=Pundit&langs=01 and
> http://store.yahoo.com/pctekonline/aspunp4slimb.html the Pundit uses for
> video the SiS 315, however the linuxtested site reports the "display
> adapter" as SiS 651 - a typo, maybe?

it must be.  it's a SiS 315.

> Acording to that page, "Xv is supported on all chipsets", and reading
> further (XvOnCRT2  -
> http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsis630.shtml#xvoncrt2) you'll find that
> Xv is also supported on the tv-out when using both vga and tv-out.

So it says.  but I'm having trouble figuring out whether or not it
ACTUALLY works.  I can play movies just fine on the vga port, but I'm
having trouble getting GLX to work (it doesn't), and testing my tv card
with xawtv doesn't produce any usable results (though I don't really
know what I'm doing with that one)..   MythTV "watch tv" segfaults on
me.

> P.S. Anyone knows where to buy a Pundit in Europe? PCTek sells them on
> the US (http://store.yahoo.com/pctekonline/aspunp4slimb.html), however
> they told me that shipping to Europe would cost around 80US$, which
> makes it too expensive to import.

Alas, that shipping price is going ot be pretty standard.  Asus does
have a EU office, though I guess it's not a retail type sales office.
Good luck, though.

-Chris